ENGIE General Shareholders’ meeting of 17 May 2019
- Approval at the General Shareholders’ meeting of all resolutions
- A tightened Board of Directors composed of 14 members
ENGIE’s Combined General Shareholders' meeting was held on 17 May 2019 for the first time under Jean-Pierre Clamadieu’s chairmanship. 17 901 shareholders participated of wich 16 400 voted before the meeting.
During the meeting, the shareholders renewed the terms of office of independent board members Françoise Malrieu and Marie-José Nadeau, and of Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière and Patrice Durand, proposed by the French State. These terms of office have all been renewed for a period of four years.
Given this new configuration, the Board of Directors has reviewed the composition of its committees, from now chaired by respectively:
- Marie-José Nadeau – Audit Committee;
- Jean-Pierre Clamadieu – Strategy, Investments and Technologies Committee, replacing Edmond Alphandéry;
- Françoise Malrieu – Appointments, Remuneration and Governance Committee;
- Ross McInnes – Ethics, Environment and Sustainable Development and Committee, replacing Ann-Kristin Achleitner.
During this General Shareholders' meeting, Jean-Pierre Clamadieu said: "The Group's governance is geared towards creating sustainable value for all its stakeholders, shareholders, clients and employees... Since my appointment as Chairman, the Board of Directors has continued to modernise its operation. Its new configuration will allow us to further improve the quality of our work and be more agile in our decision-making. Isabelle Kocher and the Executive Committee can count on the support of the Board to support them in the implementation of the strategy we have built together.”
All resolutions, including those regarding the financial statements and income allocation for the 2018 financial year, were also approved.
The ordinary dividend for the 2018 financial year was set at € 0.75 per share, plus an exceptional dividend of € 0.37 per share. Taking into account the payment of an interim dividend of €0.37 per share on 12 October 2018, a balance of € 0.75 per share will be paid on 23 May 2019. As announced when the 2018 results were published, ENGIE will be paid in one time from 2020.
Today, ENGIE published its 6th Integrated Report presenting the Group's strategy, governance and performance, as well as the environment in which it operates. This publication illustrates the Group's will to manage its performance globally by integrating the impact of its activities on all its stakeholders.
The Shareholders' Meeting was broadcast live on the Group's website and is still available for viewing. The presentation and the results of the vote are also available on the Group's website. Visit www.engie.com.
- 23 May 2019: Payment of the final 2018 dividend (€ 0.38 per share) and of an exceptional dividend (€ 0.37 per share); the date on which shares are traded ex-dividend has been set as 21 May
- 30 July 2019: Publication of results of the first half of 2019